

We have a love of puzzles at our house. Myles LOVES puzzles. It's his thing. His stim. His love. He has always amazed us with his sharp eye for shapes. Just about a month ago we introduced jigsaw puzzles. In no time at all he had become "passionate" about his puzzles. So "passionate" in fact that I lock them up at least once a day so that he will play with his other toys. Out of sight, out of mind right? Every time we go to the store he wants a new puzzle. Today was no different. He walked back and forth trying to decide which one he wanted. I gave him several to choose from that were all within the 24-35 piece range. He was insistent {INSISTENT} that he wanted the tractor puzzle. That's the one he wanted no matter how many times I told him that it was too hard (I really shouldn't be saying that, I know, I know...) Finally, I gave in. We ended up with the John Deere 60 piece puzzle. He was practically singing the whole way home he was so excited. He cleared the "puzzle table" and we opened it up. I dumped out the pieces and let him do his thing. I timed him to see how long it would take the first time. With absolutely no help from me it took him 11 minutes. 11 whole minutes. He never even referenced the picture on the box.

I promise you that I won't let my doubts hold you back little man. You did it!
I have been know to say the following phrases to my children
You are driving me crazy!
You are driving me nuts!
You are driving me bananas!
Yesterday Myles kept letting the muddy, smelly dogs into the house. I kept getting them back out and getting after him for letting them in. Finally he stomped into the kitchen, rolled his eyes at me, gave me a HUGE DRAMATIC sigh and said to me in his loudest, most irritated voice,
"Mom, I'm driving!"
Stopped me in my tracks. Did he learn that from me? Hmmm....
9 comments:
He is to cute and way to smart. WOW!!! 11 min. that's awesome.
Oh my goodness, what a little genius! I am seriously in awe. 11 minutes. I don't think I could even do that in 11 minutes and I'm an adult... not a 2-year-old! He's so cute.
so...onto the 100 piece puzzles then? He is the most beautiful child ever and so smart! Miss you all so much.
He is adorable. How fun for you to get to witness all these things. Can I borrow some brains form him? Awesome!
We have that same puzzle, and it takes my almost 5 year old at least that long with my help! Way to go Myles!
Ummm... He is certainly making my children appear quite stupid and now I am determined to spend more time on our irritating puzzles today!
Such a smart little boy! I agree with Erin - get that boy a 100 piece puzzle!
Myles needs more puzzles for his birthday.....way to go!
Wow. That is great! Sure beats my puzzle story of Reganne! (Really REALLY beats it!) What a cutie.
Post a Comment