11.02.2010
What a year...
The past few days I have really be reflecting a lot on our lives this past year. It has been a crazy one. One year ago Matt left for Afghanistan. I was pregnant and heartbroken. I still cannot look at the pictures from the day he left without crying. So let me just review... In the past 365 days my husband left for a deployment. I gave birth to a pretty amazing little boy. I survive (only because of my mom) 7 months and five kids. We had a joyous reunion with Matt. We had a harder time acclimating to our new "normal" than we expected. We moved half way across the country. Matt started a new job that requires him to be gone way to much. We are having a hard time adjusting to our new "normal". I wish that in all of my reflecting that I could say that I survived this last year and am a stronger person because of it. I am not sure that is true. I had a lot of moments where I wasn't on my best. A lot of things I probably would have done differently. But I learned... No time like now to change things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Awe Megan :)
I think of you often, amazed by your strength to hold it all together....yet, not surprised that it isn't always easy. You have had a roller coaster year in all aspects. Thank you for being so candid and honest.
The past forms our future that is today....be forgiving of yourself. Our life decisions are a gamble. Sometimes it is a crap shoot and takes us to the depths of despair, and other times we are rich with all kinds of wealth. Life wouldn't be the adventure without the bipolar gains and losses.
I admire you :)
In my thoughts
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo
You did have a very crazy year, but you are so strong, amazing and fabulous that only you could do it!!
Um. You definitely ARE stronger. There's no way you made it through all of that without some serious growth and a new strength. You amaze me, friend. And you are sorely sorely missed:/
Kiss that baby for me!!
Okay, I'm all teary eyed. Why?? Probably just because I think you are amazing.
Megan-seriously, you are one of the strongest women I know. A lot of people don't go thru in their entire lifetime the amount of changes you and your family have been thru in the past year....and still continue to go thru. I hope you know that you have some friends here in Utah who are always thinking of you and sending love and well wishes your way. YOU CAN DO IT! Love you girl.
Wow! Everything I wanted to say has already been said.
I to admire you, you are amazingly strong and blessed. I can't believe it has been a whole year already. Crazy!! You did it....be proud of yourself, you survived. :) Miss you!
Post a Comment