(pause the music at the bottom to listen to the video)
Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day.
A real official holiday. Not one I just made up.
So often we hear "support the troops" but how often do we think about their families. Our service members are sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers. They put their life on the line for our freedom and for our great country. Their families sacrifice too. From deployments, long trainings, missed birthdays, holidays. If you are reading this then you know our story. The past few years have been hard, rewarding, sweet, painful, lonely and exciting. Military spouses are an elite group. I am honored to be part of such an amazing group of people. Next time you see a member of our military make sure you thank them and their family for their service. Also sign up for Joining Forces and support our military families.
I will love you forever if you do... M
3 comments:
I think about you (the spouse) and your kids all the time. And I appreciate you. Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day, and Happy Mother's Day!
More than words can say the gratitude and true appreciation I feel for all that your family has gone through along with all the other military families who serve in behalf of our freedoms and our country!! Love you all!!
"We live our life in increments, separated by deployments." WOW...that line hit me like a brick wall. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I appreciate so much the sacrifice you and your family make as you support Matt and the service he gives our country. I can tell you first hand that I know the sacrifice doesn't end when the deployment does. War changes people and in a way, we lose the person they were before they went. I know I sound dramatic, but that's how I feel about my Dad and Vietnam. As a family we had to sacrifice the Dad he could have been to us. Please know that you and the sacrifice YOU ALL make for our country DOES NOT go unnoticed or unappreciated. I love you all!
Post a Comment