6.08.2009

Sing. Sing a song.


Myles loves to sing. He has a crazy little memory for lyrics. Sort of. He loves to sing songs the way he hears them. Sometimes he really cracks us up with his interpretation.
Today takes the cake.





While I was making lunch he was playing on the floor near me. It went down like this:

Myles: "Jesus wants me for a zombie. A zombie. A zombie. I'll be a zombie for him."
Me: I think it might be sunbeam. Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.
Myles: Laughing... Silly, Mommy. Jesus don't want me to be a sunbeam. I learned it at church. A ZOMBIE! (to clear up any confusion) and singing "A zombie. A zombie. Jesus wants me for a zombie."
Me: Pretty sure it's sunbeam....

He's now been singing it all afternoon. Zombie style.

15 comments:

billnmaryannsince61 said...

That boy certainly makes me laugh. Great that you are recording these fun moments.

billnmaryannsince61 said...

p.s. Great eyelashes!

kelsey said...

That is super funny! He is just so cute.

Mel said...

Now that's a new one! How cute and fun!

The Austin's said...

Ha Ha! I love it! he is so funny.

Chelsie said...

Ummm... As his music leader in Nursery I ought to say... Sorry...It's the Utah... ummm... accent.

I have no excuses! Maybe his next leader will enunciate better!

marcie said...

Our boys need to get together and have a karaoake night! Hearing them sing the songs they know in the way they hear them would make us smile, I'm sure.

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Sure, Zombie, Sunbeam - so glad he's singing and learning! And WOW - fantastic photo!

Erin said...

isn't it the parents that are the zombies in church? that's okay...Ian was singing some lance the turtle song and Ihad to have the other kids interpret it because what I heard was NOT what he said...something about wanting to fart or something.

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

Love it, I would love to hear him.
What a great profile picture. He is so adorable.

Unknown said...

Hilarious! I told my kids about it and that's how they want to sing it Primary now! You should send the idea to John Bytheway--he sings funny versions of Primary songs. ~ Danelle

Emily said...

Yep, Hilarious! And those eye lashes?? What a beautiful little man, I'd kill for those eyelashes.

Amparo said...

You just might have the next "American Idol" living in your house. So cute!

Becca & Joel said...

Oh dear... that really is hilarious! Megan - you seriously have the cutest kids!

suzeemac said...

Beautiful boy - and i believe i like the song much better his way - zombie style :)