
he will always be my little boy.
Last fall James was injured playing football (which was a horrible experience in itself). We found out pretty quickly that he had a torn MCL and PCL. After waiting for months (thank Tricare) surgery day finally came today.
We arrived at Walter Reed Army Hospital this morning at 5 am. Checked in. Got him all situated for his 6 hour surgery. What a long wait! It was really hard to just sit and wait. I didn't want to leave the waiting area in case they called. Overall the surgery went really well. They were able to repair both tendons. He has a few screws in his knee now holding it all together. Coming out of anesthesia was pretty rough. He spent 4 hours in PACU (instead of the planned 45 minutes). It was really hard to see him in so much pain. My heart just broke watching him suffer. By about 7 pm they had him stable enough to transfer him to the Pediatric floor. The nurses were a little surprised when they wheeled in this giant man child. It took six of them to transfer him to his bed. The main goal tonight and tomorrow is to get his pain controlled. He will probably have to stay a day or two. So tonight Matt is staying with him. Here's hoping for a smooth recovery. We love you James.
So even if he is 6'3'' and 220 pounds. He will always be my little boy.
10 comments:
Yes-he always will be your little baby boy....the kid that made you a momma.
We hope his recovery goes well. We're thinking of you guys.
Love you.
He had to wait months to get this repair??? WTH??
Poor kid/man:(
Lots of healing thoughts and love being sent your way....
to your babe AND TO YOU....
because he has screws holding his knee together,
you have nothing holding your broken heart together.
Momma's will always bear more of the pain watching their babies hurt.
I'm sorry.
I'm so glad it all went well. Now for a speedy recovery..... Hang in there Megan, you are one of the best moms I know!
Poor James and poor mama! I am so sorry that he/you had such a rough time of it! Sending love and prayers your way. Kiss that handsome boy/man for me. Wait, that sounds a little creepy! Just tell him I said good luck with the recovery. Love you guys!
Ohhh poor James. I feel for him. Literally. How is the recovery going?? It can be a bugger. And I was wondering if they are ever not your little boy. I guess you've answered that question.
Wow you are a great mom, that is a long time to wait around!! Hope those awesome pain meds have kicked in!!
Ah man...Poor guy. Always so sad to see someone laid up in bed like that...
Hang in there James!
Lots of prayers for all of you. Please give him our love. I hope for a speedy recovery. We love you!
It doesn't matter how they are. Mom's are mom's
Okay, I'm such a dork because I see a picture of someone's son in the hospital and I start crying (except in my picture the son would have a bunch of electrodes attached to his head). Hope the recovery is going well for everyone! Take care.
Post a Comment