It has been a while since I was in school. A long while. So this year I decided it was time for me to go back to school and get that college degree. I was super excited. I got all registered, bought my books, bought a super cute large purse to carry all my books and new sharp pencils in. I showed up for my first class. It was at this point it really dawned on me that I was old. Like my teachers are younger then me kinda old. Like my classmates are the same age as my oldest child kinda old. I am not gonna lie. It was tough. I never did quite figure out the balancing act of family/5 kids/husband/house/school. Some days I knew I was in over my head. Bit off way more then I could chew. My brain is old and it was literally hurting. And it turns out I am either not as smart as I thought/or I have forgotten EVERYTHING I ever learned in school. BUT I finished. My first semester done. I cannot even explain the feeling of relief as I walked out of my last final. And at the same time the feeling of pride. I did it. More then once I wanted to give up and quit. But I am doing this for me. Now I only have to do that about 11 more times :)
10 comments:
Yay!!!!
Meg, you old lady!!!
You DID IT!
You DID IT!!
I am proud of you too :) and pure happiness came over me when I read that ONE line:
"I am doing this for me".
You inspire the rest of us (women/mothers) to put ourselves as an important priority in our own lives.
I AM SO SO SO PROUD OF YOU MEG!!
xoxo
even wierder, is that you and I entered our comment at the EXACT same time! I saw the 'Jay D' comment come through and was really shocked at first....soon figured it was you Paula :)
OK...I had to go back, delete the comments I left in Jay D's name and do it again in my name.
I have tears in my eyes as I read this Megan....because I'm so proud of you. I think you are amazing. And I love you.
Congratulations on finishing your first semester. It gets easier....I promise. Way to go!
Way to go!!! You are superwoman/supermom/superwife!!! Enjoy the break and good luck on the next semester!!
You are awesome.
Girl, you know how proud I am of you! My heart is just bursting. This is the first step and even though it was hard I know you can do it. You are amazing and wonderful and smart and beautiful and incredible, and did I say amazing? I love you and keep up the good work. You ROCK!
Whew! Done! Good for you:) Now, go enjoy your well-deserved break!
You are awesome! Or if there is a better word than "awesome" then you are that. Super awesome!
Post a Comment