I really can’t believe that today is finally here. I have so many emotions I don’t even know where to start. I can’t believe we are leaving Colorado. This has been home for 14 years. We have made so many wonderful memories here. This was not a decision that was easy for us but really we know this is something that we are supposed to do. Bittersweet… I am excited for the new adventure. I know that Matt will love his new job. I can’t wait to see parts of the country I’ve never seen before. But I am sad for my kids. It has been so hard for them to say goodbye to their friends. It has been so hard helping them say goodbye to their friends. It is scary leaving the comforts of “home”. We have family here that we are going to miss. We are going to miss everyone terribly. We are going to be okay. Right? This is a conversation I had with Liam a couple of weeks ago.
L: How many days until we move?
M: 13. Are you excited?
L: It’s weird. I thought it would be scary but I am so excited. I feel like it is right in my head and it is right in my heart. (HUGE SMILE)
Thanks for that wisdom Liam. I know it is right in my heart too. Last August (not a month to come and visit Arkansas by the way) Matt and I went there so he could interview for this job. We had prayed and prayed for guidance. Was this what we were supposed to be doing? It is such a huge move for our family. We went back and forth. The 90% humidity was not helping with the decision. A friend of ours invited us out to their house for dinner. We drove up to Cabot. * I have heard people talk about when they get “that feeling” buying a home. They walk in and they just know that this is where they are supposed to be.* This is how I felt in Cabot. Driving down Main Street I had the strongest impression that this is where we were supposed to be. So, here we are. We are going to go find out why…
3 comments:
I am so sad that you guys moved! Of course we won't forget you!!! That is why the blogging world is so wonderful- we can keep on each others' lives!
You know, I thought you were suppose to move the first of December, so when you were still here, I just assumed (hoped) you weren't leaving...not that we're going to be here anyhow.... You're right on about the excited yet scared thoughts. Sometimes I really want a change, but when it comes down to it, I'm really freaked out about changes. Love the River song. It really describes how life is. Always changing....
Meg, I too felt the same way about St. George although I didn't want to feel that way. I wanted to stay in Ft. Collins. You will find out soon why you are supposed to be there as did I living here. I am excited for you guys. It is scary and I hate change but it was definately worth it. Keep in touch and good luck!
Post a Comment