6.11.2008

FEAR


I have always had a fear of leaving the house dressed inappropriately (in pajamas or just something I would be embarrassed to be seen in public in) and having car problems. I see it happening in my head: Rush out the door to take the kids to school and I'm still wearing my pajamas because it has just been that kind of morning, in the middle of an intersection my car dies or runs out of gas or blows a tire and I have to get out and walk or push the car. It is just one of my fears. But I guess it could be worse. Getting your car stuck in some tall, wet grass, you have to get out and push and your naked...

10 comments:

Erin said...

I have that same dream...the kids have been late for school because i have to shower and dress first....you just made my day with that pic...thanks

paula said...

Hilarious picture!

I have that same fear but it only takes something as little as a bad outfit that doesn't match, flat shoes, or wrong accessories to put the fear into me.

I always have a dream that I am leaving for a wonderful vacation and my clothes aren't packed & I have to pack in like 10 minutes.It's madness-what do you think it means in the dreamers dictionary?

Cherstin said...

this post was even better then you discribed.It's a good thing that kid has a cute tushy for as much as he likes to show it off. these are the pictures that you keep for later to embarrass him when the girlfriend comes over.
I think about this every time i am in the car driving my kids to school. But i'm one of those people that just say what ever happens happens. And just hope for the best. So i guess that is not fear but plain stupidity. I guess i may find out one day. But one things for sure, it would make a great post for my blog don't you think?!

Our Family Happenings said...

That is so funny! I guess you don't need to worry about your fears, your son is doing it for you. Glad to see your family is doing well. I can't believe your little girl went to girls camp...I remember being her Activity Days leader.

Emily said...

Woo hoo. So hillarious. Thanks for the laugh.

Emily said...

Hello! I just read your last comment. Yes, it quite possibly could be my favorite love too. And you put it so well. Geesh, that wasn't even an emotional post, but then I read the comments and I get emotional.

suzeemac said...

it's a good thing kids don't have the hang ups we grown ups do... or his car would still be stuck in the grass :)

The Austin's said...

LOVE IT!!!! He is so adorable. To be young and carefree...with no fears.

Anonymous said...

Okay, seriously cute picture...that deserves its own scrapbooked page. I can't wait til he and Emmie meet once again.

Becca & Joel said...

Ok, that is just awesome!