11.10.2008

Happy Birthday A! To one of my bestest delights (sorry, one day late)



I thought this would be the perfect opportunity for a shout out to my best girl A! We have been friends for 17+ years. I know, right, you are totally thinking that we must have been friends since preschool. Close...



This girl has been my rock. More times then I can count. We have been through everything together. Junior High. Rebelling. Crushes. Marriages. Divorces. Babies. Trying for babies. Deaths. Family "issues". Really, really good times. Really bad times. Not talking for long periods of time. Calling each other 5 times a week. This is the girl that I can call in the middle of the night and cry to and she will cry with me. And then threaten to beat up the person who made me cry. I know that she would drop everything to be there for me, and me for her. We can do something or nothing and still have the best time. We have so many memories, both good and bad, but all important. This is a girl who will stand up for me no matter the consequence. I know that I can say whatever is on my mind and she will not judge me but she will tell me when I am being stupid. I love her family. Like my own. They have made a huge impact on my life. I am a better person because of them. She is going to be a mommy. She is going to be a fabulous mommy. I can't wait to meet her new little man. My kids love her. In fact, when Liam found out she was having a baby he asked if it was going to be his nephew or his cousin. We can laugh at each other. We can laugh at other people. She is fiercely loyal. She is crazy domestic and she always cooks for me. My family will eat recipes if I "claim" they are from her. As far as friends go, this girl is the real deal. I hope everyone has the privilege of having a friend like her. I consider myself so lucky. A few weeks ago, while driving the kids to school, there was a caller on the radio named Adrianne. The conversation went like this...
Liam (in his most excited voice): Mom! Oh my gosh, it's adrianne.
M: Yeah, It is probably not my friend Adrianne...
Liam: No, they said it was Adrianne.
M: I know but I think it might just be another Adrianne.
Liam (sigh, slump down, give me a disappointed look): I still think it might be the REAL Adrianne.

I just wanted you to know, to us, you will always be the REAL ADRIANNE.

7 comments:

Tina - Ball Team Co-Captain said...

Check you out in the short shirt and overalls - I thought it was Jessie! I loved your post - what a blessing to have a friend like that - don't let her go.

Megan said...

Um... yeah... Tina, sports bra and overalls. AND I would never, never let Jessie leave the house dressed like that. To my mom's credit: She didn't LET me out like that either. But look how thin I was.

The Austin's said...

You described her to a T. She definitely is everything you said she is. I remember the sports bra/overall look....I don't think it ever looked that good on me though. Cute pictures of the two of you. :) Fun shout out!!!

Erin said...

Awww..Happy Birthday Adrianne...Love you..Megan..this is so great..and I do have the privilege of having a friend like that..so I know what you mean. Can't wait to see you..

ben and meela said...

Meg, That first picture of you is HOT!!! lol how the heck is your family doing? Haven't heard from you for a long time. Hit me back. Hope all is well. Much love!!

paula said...

You said it right there...she is the best! Oooohhhhh-if only everyone knew the stories that the first picture holds....

segura2salazar said...

O.k., so you made the poor pregnanct chic cry! I love you too! I can't believe that we are old enough to have been friends for that long. Every single day as your friend has been a blessing and I am so grateful to have you!!!
Love - A