4.09.2008

Things I DeLiGhT #1 Matt


I love that he loves me even though it isn't always easy. I appreciate that he puts up with my moods. I love that he wears his uniform proudly. I appreciate that he wants to serve his country. I love his sense of humor even though it isn't always appropriate or funny. I love that he loves our children. I appreciate that he works hard to support us. I love that he tries new foods just because I like them. I appreciate that he likes my friends even though I don't always like his. I love that he is going gray. I think it's funny that he won't admit it. I love that he makes dinner and calls his creations "concoctions" and that's exactly what they taste like. I appreciate that he tells me that I am beautiful and I know that he really believes it (even if I don't). I appreciate that he supports me no matter what I want to do or buy or where I want to go. I wish I was more like him when it came to that. I think it's funny that he likes chihuahuas. I am proud that he is getting his degree. I love that he drinks diet soda but when we go to the movies he gets Cherry Coke because that's what I like. I think it's funny that he drinks diet soda. I appreciate that we have been married for almost ten years despite many predictions. I think its funny that he knew my favorite flower was a magnolia but he once went to the florist and tried to buy me marigolds (close, right?), only to find out that they weren't in season. I love that we have inside jokes. I appreciate that he loves the ocean and I love the mountains and we visit both. I love that he is competitive. I think it's funny he won't ever play tether ball with me because I beat him. I think it's funny that if we are driving separate cars he always tries to race me and I always let him win. I appreciate that he tries to make me happy. I appreciate that he is strong where I am weak. I love that we are different in so many ways but it has a way of balancing. I really love and appreciate him. ~m

4 comments:

paula said...

This is so sweet! It made me veklempt reading it. I am so excited to read about your "delights" Megan. Be sure to show Matt this posting...it's sure to win some points.

Anonymous said...

Meg you are so nice. Matt is a lucky guy, and I must say, you are a lucky girl too. I just love him-well not really love him like you do, but you know. He is just a great guy. I need to call you this week before I lose it. I thought by now I would adjusted to this whole preggo thing. Nope, still working on it. Love,Em

Megan said...

Beautiful

I so appreciate your post. I truly love you, and it means a whole lot to me to be able to read how important I am to you. You are my whole world, and I am greatful each and eveery day that I am able to be with you. We have our ups and downs like everyone esle, but I never want to to think even for one moment that I do not love you.

thank you for being my everything

Matt

hometown brown said...

You, my friend, are just amazing! I only hope to be this amazing so someone can create a sensational blog about me one day! ha!