Okay, it wasn't my birthday (for those of you who just questioned the title of this blog). Well it isn't my birthday yet. Matt gave me my birthday present last week. Apparently he has been planning this one for a while and everything just fell into place last week. So I will let you in on a little story. About a year ago, just in casual conversation, I mentioned that the one piece of furniture I wanted was a Victrola. Sometime in my life I wanted to own one (sometime...) We always had one in our home growing up and it just part of my childhood (not that worked but it was just always there). Four months ago Matt and I were in a local Flea market and we saw one. It was a total piece of junk or I would have bought it then... So for my birthday Matt searched and found me the perfect gift. He gave me one clue and dropped some hints so I knew what it was going to be. I was really nervous for him because I had in my mind what I wanted it to look like and what if he brought home something completely different. How was I going to fake being happy? Oh the stress. When he took it out of the van it actually took my breath away. It is just perfect. It looks perfect in our living room. I love how well he knows me and how hard he tried to make me happy. Thanks Matt! Happy Birthday to Me!
So here are some random pictures of the Victrola in our home... always in the background.


The adorable boys in this picture are David (see post below for a grown up version, my too cute little brother Jesse and stylin' older brother Richard. Totally on a side note, does any one else notice the striking resemblance between baby Gavin (previous post) and David and also Little Jesse and Myles?
Here is our Victrola in our home...
11 comments:
Seeing that brings back lots of memories. It looks great in your home.
Megan..that is so beautiful...he did good! You should mention that the littlest baby bot in the pictures is David...whose picture you have on earlier only hes much bigger now.
i meant boy not bot....
Wow, what a good husband for listening to you and doing such a great job! I can't believe how grown up Myles is getting either. Time flies!!!
Oh!!! It's beautiful! I am so impressed with your hubby. Way to go Matt!! How old is the piece? Do you know? It looks good in the corner. I can picture it in your home. I love it!!
P.s. I'm home now Yeah! I'll call you.
wow, its beautiful - like mom's only with the insides and all shiny...Matt did good!
Oh man, he sure loves you! Thats awesome! It really is a beautiful piece!!
Oh man, he sure loves you! Thats awesome! It really is a beautiful piece!!
The picture of you and Myles is so beautiful! You look so pretty! The victrola is really pretty too. Matt did a really good job. Be sure and give him a pat on the back for this one. Love ya - A
Wow, pretty! Does the player actually work? How cool is that!??!
What a great birthday gift! It's beautiful. Does it work?
Post a Comment