click on them to see them enlarged... it is worth it
This last Saturday we got to go to Tulsa and visit my nephew David, his wife Lauren and their two too cute kids Mikayla and Gavin. Dave is home on Emergency Leave from Afghanistan so we really wanted to get over there and visit with them. Really bad aunt confession: This is the first time I have seen either of his kids. They lived in Kentucky and we lived in Colorado and it just never worked out. But we were soooo excited to get there and meet them and by the time we left Myles and Kayla were the best of friends. Grandma, Grandpa and Aunt Susan met us there and we had a little late birthday party for Jessie. We all went out to Red Robin for lunch and Jess got the Birthday Singing. It was a really fun day and I am so glad that we got to see them all. We are so proud of David and Lauren. We are so grateful for their sacrifices. They are just the sweetest little family. And we seriously loved their little ones. Mikayla is such a little girly girl. She is so smart and just the cutest little friend. The kids just loved playing with her. Gavin is just the sweetest. I think I heard him make two little squeaks but he never really cried. He is such a laid back little guy. It made those baby hungry feelings even stronger ;) Matt... Anyways, some pictures from our day. Also, we loved being around family. We didn't realize how much we miss everyone.
Silly Grandpa
Playing on the ham-ock
I think we are in trouble, damn the parent curse...
Just for fun I thought I would add these pictures...
kids grow up way too fast.
Just one more thing...
I am becoming a domestic goddess
Fresh Blackberry Pie
Just because we had a sweet tooth











7 comments:
WOW!! Those pics are fun. I can't believe David he is all grown up. Last time I saw him I believe it was 1996. Do you mail order your pie? It looks divine.
It was a great day wasn't it! So fun to see the babies - all of them and be with family. Well worth getting lost in two Kansas towns. Glad we could celebrate Jessie's birthday!!
I miss you all...having a moment of poor me....
You do make a good point about having a birthday around July 4th. The whole no present holiday wouldn't be so bad.... That pie looks SO GOOD! And Jessie is so beautiful. Looks so much like you. Lucky her!
Ooooohhhh! Why didn't you save me some berries? Where did ya pick those? Yummm!
You domestic godess - and hey - great then and now gallery; time sure flies!
Post a Comment