Today I was invited by my super cute friend to go to her husbands homecoming. He has been deployed to Iraq for four months. The other day we were talking about his homecoming and she said that she has pictures of her kids with him but not any of her when she sees him. So I offered to go and take pictures of their family. It was such a wonderful, heart warming day. It made me so proud of our servicemen and servicewomen and all their families. I am so thankful for the sacrifices that they make. It was such an emotional thing to just be standing amongst all of these strong families and be a witness to their reunions. I cried. I took pictures. I thought about my nephews. I cried. Thanks Cherstin and Don for letting me be part of your special day.
This was just one of my favorite shots.
10 comments:
I love this photo. I think it's so cool you got to go and see this. Whenever I see troops coming into the airport or see them on the news coming home to Hill Air Force Base-I cry like a baby. Like you-it makes me so proud of them and so grateful for the sacrifice that not only they but also their families make.
A couple years ago I found the photos my Mom took of my Dad when he left for Vietnam and it was quite emotional for me to look at them. I was just thinking about what must have been going thru my Mom's head as she was snapping the photos-so many of just his back while he was walking onto the plane. I know she must have been thinking that it may be the last she sees of him. I really cannot imagine how these families do it. Military life is something you cannot imagine until you've experienced it. We owe them so much.
THANK YOU MEGAN!!!! These photos are priceless. I get emotional every time I look at them. And when Don saw them he cried. IT's neat to see what we were feeling in the photos. I'm so greatful that I will always have these and that I will never forget that feeling of him coming home. It WAS a great day. And because of you I will never forget it. Thank you!!!
What is up???? What a small world. How are you doing? Do you live in Utah? Or somewhere else? How is your family doing? I was looking at your last post. Your dad looks the same too. I'm so glad you wrote me. Call me sometime. My # is 8016885632 on my blog you can see kris and his wife (Allison). You can also see Kari and her husband (Jeremy). My parents are on their too. So just look them up, if you haven't already. Im going to add you so we can keep in touch.
I'm so glad you could be there for their family and capture all that emotion. What a blessing in so many ways! And hey, how did you get comments changed to love notes? You rock!
Megan... WoW!! I look at Jills blog more then she does. She is not all that great of a blogger! I am making her do this! I just called her and told her that you found her. She is so excited! So nice to hear all is good with you! Your family is darling! Jana (Hackwell)Williams
Hi Megan, Cherstin told me what you did for them, and I have to say THANK YOU!!!!! It made me cry happy tears to see Don with the boys. Thank you again from a GRATEFUL mom, I knew he was home, but it is wonderful to see him. Don's Mom, Cherstins other Mom-Patsi
Hello Megan,
Just a little note to say "thanks" for taking
such great photos.
Good to know Cherstin has you for a
friend.
We are all very happy to know that Donnie
(my name for him since he was a little boy) is back on home ground.
Thanks again - take care,
Dorrit Dulan
(Donnie's Grandma on his mothers
side)
What a great pic. You are so sweet. You have always been such a good friend to people and ALWAYS know exactly what is needed. A bag of all of my favorites delivered by a "secret santa", babysitting my kids so I could have a hot date, a certain b-day present that I'm still laughing about...just a few that come to mind. Love ya.
What a beautiful picture. Oh, how I couldn't imagine what their family has to go through. Being in the Springs we are surrounded by military families. It sure makes you think more about what is going on in the world around us. We really do owe, not just the servicemen, but their entire families so much.
Hey Megan. This is Emily's lil sis, Anne. I sneak on your blog all of the time so I decided I'd better say hi. I think you are one of the sweetest, most sensitive people I know (or don't really know). :) I LOVE reading your stuff and seeing your CUTE kids.
Post a Comment