4.08.2008

Life changing post...


Okay. So here it is. I don't have any balance in my life. I am not optimistic. (In fact, i just had to Google pessimistic because I couldn't even think of that word) I never really have been. I have a lot of really good things in my life, in my relationships, really I do. So why do I always have to focus on the bad? I get a ton of stuff done every day, so at night why do I think about the things I didn't get done? I have given birth to four beautiful, healthy babies. Why am I obsessed that I can't lose this baby weight? I could go on and on and on... During conference this weekend I was really moved by Sister Tanner's talk. Totally being honest I don't remember exactly what she said but I remember that she started her sentences with "I delight". I loved that. I decided that I need to delight more in my life. I need to really delight in every day. So I have decided that instead of doing these "tags" that I have been challenged to do I am going to delight in a few people that I love. It may be sickening to read... but I can't think of 100 things about myself and for those of you who I didn't know yet trust me it's best that you don't know what I was doing 15 years ago (and my kids read this blog too). ~ M

4 comments:

Emily said...

Ohhh I can't wait to hear your delights. I loved that talk too, and just like you I'm not sure what she delighted in, but she sure did delight a lot. And did you hear Elder Ballard's at the very end? I bawled through the whole thing.

Erin said...

Megan- I love you...you have accomplished amazing things...if you need help with the hundred things..I can help you..sometimes it is hard to step back from the situation at hand and "delight". But I guess we just keep trying.

paula said...

I was "delighted" to read your blog entry. I obviously didn't hear the talk w/the lady who delights everything but I think your blog was inspiring. I am going to do more "delighting" as well! Love you girl....

Annie M. said...

I bawled at Elder Ballard's talk too!!