10.06.2008

Our weekend...



Yep... that's what it included. Two trips to the Emergency Room. Two different kids. Funny twist of events. Myles got really sick over the weekend. On Saturday afternoon we decided we needed to take him down to Children's. We were going to wait for James to come home so he could watch the other kids. BUT... When James came home he had an emergency of his own and we realized it was going to require medical attention. Matt stayed with the kids and I took James in. HIPPA require me to stop James' story here... Everything worked out just fine with James. We are confident that he will make a total recovery. Then yesterday Myles needed to go in. Long crappy story. He was given some medicine on Friday. He developed a horrible rash, which we assumed as an allergic reaction. We stopped the medicine. The rash got worse. The doctors we so glad that we had thought it was an allergic reaction and stopped giving it to him. Apparently, the medication is not recommended to children under the age of 6 because it can be fatal.

What a weekend. They are both still pretty miserable but James has Vicodin and Myles has chocolate milk.

12 comments:

Erin said...

So sorry..mom told me a little of what was going on...wow. wish i could have been there to help. Wish i had vicoden..and chocolate milk for that matter.

love you

Anonymous said...

Yuck! Those kind of days just suck, let alone those kind of weekends! Get well wishes to both James and Myles.

Cherstin said...

WHAT? I knew it! But I didn't know it was going to be that bad. You poor thing! Did the doc give any Vicoden for you? Sounds like you needed it.

The Austin's said...

What a horrible weekend. I hope your boys are doing better and your hanging in there. Take care.

suzeemac said...

poor babies... hope both are getting better. Hope you're holding up okay! I've got chocolate milk too, i'm hoping it helps my owie...

paula said...

This sounds like the weekend from HELL. At least you have the Vicodin to chase with chocolate milk to get you thru the upcoming week. Hope things get better.

Emilee said...

I'm so sorry! Poor baby Myles. :( Let me know if I can help in any way!!

Becca & Joel said...

Oh man! I was getting on to write and let you know that I miss you, and that it seems like forever since we've had chatting time - but now I know why!!! I'm so sorry - I hate emergency visits! I hope everyone is starting to feel better!

Jill said...

Megan-So sorry to hear about your weekend. I am glad it has all worked out. I need to call you... ...

kelsey said...

Wow, that sucks. Glad things are better. This is the part of parenting that I was not aware of, until I had kids. Having sick and injured kids is the worst part of being a parent. Well, so far for me. I don't have teens yet (or even tweens for that matter)...

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

I am so sorry!! I hope they are doing better.
GET WELL WISHES TO BOTH MYLES AND JAMES.
Hang in there Megan.
Take care.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.