12.08.2008

The other woman...

My baby boy is in love with another women. Every mom of a little boy knows that this will happen eventually. Your little boy will grow up and give his undivided love to someone other than you. I knew the day would come when I wasn't the only one who could make him smile. Did I think it would happen so soon? No...


He can be having a full on fit and when he hears her voice he stops. He listens with baited breath to everything she says. He laughs hysterically when she says his name. He actually told me to "be quiet" so he could listen to her.

I knew it was love when we were driving, he was crying, she said "Turn left in two miles" He said "I two Myles" and the tears were gone.

That's right. He is in LOVE with the Garmin Lady. She has been on mute for the last six months but now he can't wait to hear his name. Miles, Myles... whatever. At least I still have the chocolate milk working for me.

8 comments:

Erin said...

I laughed until I cried. That is great. So sorry you have been replaces with a woman in a box. At least its not like the sexy lady that talks to dad when they log onto their computer.

kelsey said...

Oh, that is so cute! He must crack you up all day long!

Amparo said...

What an imagination! Does he think it is a real person? Too funny!!!

Emily said...

How much cuteness can one boy have?? He has got to stop. We are all in love with him already.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I turned our GPS to have a sexy Aussie voice. We have a little driving affair everytime Kent leaces on a trip;)

The Austin's said...

That is hilarious. I love it. Of course he is thinking she is talking about and to him. That is just to cute. Sorry girl!

Jill said...

Megan, Thats is the cutest thing ever. What a fun boy. Seriously, had me going. Love it!!!!

Anonymous said...

I so totally love this story. I laughed so hard. Oh my Heck.