1.15.2009

And the heavens opened...


for just a moment it was the most magnificent sight...












a few weeks ago matt and i went and saw marley and me. there is a scene where the kids see and play in the snow for the first time. it was beautiful. it made me cry. right into the full on ugly cry. i miss the snow. not the cold, driving in the snow or the snow after it has been plowed but the beautiful stuff. the ginormous snowflakes. the fluffy stuff. the sledding kind. so when i saw this out my window i cried. it was splendid. then it was over as quickly as it had started...

i know this sounds silly to all of you who are buried in snow. not sure i would trade you but i enjoyed this moment...

4 comments:

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

It really does have it's beautiful moments.
Thanks for sharing..it helps me appreciate it more.

Chelsie said...

Oh, I so hear you. Tyler is completely confused by what he see's in movies and what his reality is here. I think he is just WAITING for that magical day! Poor kid.

Emily said...

I'm glad you got a taste of the white stuff. There is just something about a soft snow.

Jana said...

I think that I would miss it too! I go hate to shovle the stuff!! I don't know if you saw the picture I posted awhile back about the big fat snow. It is so pretty. Snow is fun but a pain in the butt as well!