1.02.2009

My New Years Resolution

1. Just be better. Be a better Mom. Be a better Wife. Be a better Friend. Be better organized. Just Better.
2. Take care of myself. Make monthly goals. Reach them and if I am not able to don’t beat myself up about it. Stop this insane roller coaster ride with my weight. Stop reading The Ten Secrets of Skinny People. Stop comparing myself to anyone. Run more. Eat healthier. Love myself. I am worth it Dammit!
3. Be grateful. Be content. Stop crying about what is lost or what didn’t work out like I thought. Be grateful for all the really great things. What’s done is done. Let it GO! Live Happier. I realize I haven’t been doing this as well as I thought. I talk often about being home sick. So, instead of missing it insanely I am grateful that I was able to live in a place I love. I have some of the coolest friends in the world who just happen to live in a place I love. I am so grateful that my kids got to experience living in such a great town. It helped shape who they are now. I am grateful that I have an awesome place to visit. I am grateful that I have been able to move to a place and make some totally cool friends and experience new things.
4. Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without. Teach my kids this principle. Take care of what we do have. Budget. Budget. Save.
5. Live in the moment. Joy in the journey. Laugh more. Play More. Stress Less.
6. Go back to school. This is a big one. Stop standing in my own way. Now is the time.
7. Love Much. I have so much love in my life. DAILY! I have the greatest family and friends. Let them know. I never want them to question how I feel about them.
8. Clean more. Computer Less. Simplify.
9. Do the best I can IN ALL THINGS. Accept that I can only do so much but do it all the way. Do the best that I can.

6 comments:

billnmaryannsince61 said...

Great goals Megan - Dad and I are very proud of the woman you have become. You are a great influence on your family and friends so keep it up - we love you!

suzeemac said...

I am not a big believer in new year's resolutions... but i love yours. They are inspirational and approachable at the same time. Good for you. And you are worth it dammit! I love you :)

Emilee said...

Umm, dito! Thanks for sharing because I love to remember we are all so alike. We are all in this together. And, by the way, I'm glad your cute family is here! I understand the pull of emotions, though, I really do.

kelsey said...

Great, great goals. Especially love number 4 and 8. Will probably be adding those to my monthly goals soon ;) Good luck! And remember, don't beat yourself up...you are truly so amazing!

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

Way to go girl. This is the first year that I haven't gone to the after Christmas sales.
You and Wendi have inspired me. I have so much to be thankful for. You and your family fall high on the list. You are a wonderful mother. And I love hearing all about the kids. I hope this year is a great one for you, Matt and the kids.

The Austin's said...

Without copying everything else everyone said. These are great resolutions. I'm thinking I need to use a few.